Scooterdepot.us - www.scooterdepot.us are scammers \ frauds

Aug 02, 2008
review #130037

They rip people off... end of story... so do no business with them or prepare to suffer the consequences... you now have been warned about

www.scooterdepot.us Sunny Sports Inc.

in Irwindale,California.

719 Nogales St.

City of Industry, CA 91748

Toll Free: 1-888-839-7088

Local: 626-965-3888

Local Fax: 626-913-2300

Email: scooter_depot_us@yahoo.com

You have been warned!

They should call their scooter company

RIPARAMA

860acc1
0.8
Had an experience with Scooterdepot.us?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
Von Bailey

Jul 30, 2013 Woodland Hills, California

Actually it's not ***. This is undoubtedly the worst customer experience I've had in 56 years of living. First the bike they sold me broke down within weeks of purchasing it and they did their best to deny any responsibility and told me that they could tell me how to fix it over the phone. Then, when the belt broke and I needed parts (I couldn't find them anywhere else or I *** well would have tried) it took them a week to even pack the part and send it after telling me on the day I ordered it that it was in stock and ready for shipping.

They lie and they don't stand behind their products. Do not do business with them unless you enjoy being screwed by bad businesses.

Shadow

Jul 24, 2013 Alpine, California

I own a repair shop in Alpine CA. I had a little elderly woman come in having trouble with her scooter. Turns out its a bad starter. She has only owned the scooter 7 months. It only has 550 miles on it. I called Scooterdepo.us to see if they would cover it under warranty because the warranty only expired a month ago and the bike has such low miles on it there shouldn't be problems with the starter. The guy I talked to was extremely rude and told me that because he doesn't have the scooter in front of him he cant tell if she sabotaged the scooter. So I asked him "so she needs to bring it to you" and he replied "no, she needs to buy a new starter.". This company does not stand behind their product and in fact I believe they are profiting off of a faulty product. DO NOT BUY! DO NOT BUY! DO NOT BUY!

NightRider

Jul 20, 2013 Brandon, Florida

thanks!! this article saved me from a $2,000 purchase tonight online. No way I will buy from people with a track record like this. Thanks Miami Man.

Robert

Jun 04, 2013 Fort Myers, Florida

I bought mine in spring 2012 and received it in about a month along with the registration. I really had to wrench my way to have the scooter working for nine months. Be prepared with a good quality set of 8mm, 10mm, 12mm, 17mm wrenches, a lot of patience, and time to spend. I did what I was supposed to for PDI and that helped a lot. You cannot expect it to run right out of the crate. It doesn't work that way. I am by no means saying this company is reputable at all. I was very fortunate since I only dealt with them during the purchase process, and that was it. I did learn a lot, but here's the thing: you're going to pay money either way. Why not buy a Cheetah scooter with a reliable 2-year warranty and good quality then buy a $900 150cc chinese scooter that you'll have to spend half of that on replacing basic stock parts? Besides the fact that everything is incredibly cheap and not durable, these small engines are incredibly sensitive. If you live in humid areas, prepare to have boggy/low performance rides. If you fill the gas tank all the way, you'll have to wait usually 5 minutes or drill a hole in your gas cap. You get what you pay for. I bought a used Honda Rebel 250cc, and it's heaven compared to this s***. And hardly anyone works on these things anyways.

My experience with customer service was actually ok though they did put me on some long holds. When I spoke with a mechanic, he guided me very well to test an issue I was having.

If

Tate

Jun 04, 2013

Looks like Mike (below) works for them... Ha

Joan

Jan 21, 2013 Richmond, Virginia

i received a damage scooter from them the front nose was broken off and it also will not go over 40 mph when the add states 65-70 mph after weeks of dealing with them i still haven't got anywhere on trying to get this thing fixed or replace

Tim

Oct 31, 2012

The ruckus 150 clone was delivered and packaged well in a metal frame on a wooden pallet, sorrounded by cardboard and wrapped in plastic. Assembly was simple for me, I can turn a wrench without hurting myself, unlike most people. I did was I was told, to drain the oil, refill with 10w/40w auto oil from any store, fill with hi octane gas, prime the pump with starter spray into the air filter box and she started up. I am very happy with this little scooter, hope it holds up.

tsherry

Sep 24, 2012

Got my MC_D150E today Sept.24, 2012 after waiting forever on it...got confirmation saying it would be delivered on in 7-9 days, got it 12 days later. But before this, let me tell you how the delivery went, son got the call last friday, at 10am, telling him they weren't going to deliver it because they didn't think we were going to be home...mind you this is 10am in the morning, and he had told them to go ahead, he would be there all day. They told him no, they would just call before they come on Monday...today...which they never did..just showed up after 3pm. After they unload it, it comes in huge crate. I paid 145.00 extra for full assembly because DANIEL, through sunny sports said it could come fully assembled, everything that comes on the scooter would be placed on, screws tightened down, carburetor cleaned and tuned, and battery hooked up. I had told him thank you, because I had no way to do that for myself. When it came, not only was nothing assembled...but the battery was in the seat, along with the acid that I had to pour in myself, and the mirrors and hand overs with a cheap dollar store brand tool kit laid in the foot rest hub, along with the trunk that wasn't mounted, that was still shrink wrapped, and upon opening it, finding it smashed and broken. It doesn't even close or latch. I call them up, LISA from sunny sports tells me to send her pictures, mind you...20 minutes had only passed by since its delivery..I had to call back 5 times, to try and get her... Show more

Pamela Nesbit

Aug 14, 2012

To those who have had no problems, you are one of THE LUCKY ONES!

But I will tell you It has nothing to do with being mechanically inclined!! My husband is very much mechanically inclined and can fix anything. The fact of the matter is the two bikes we got were TRASH!! If you don't believe me, I have pictures, Receipts for replacement parts. The Scooter Depot so called warranty department or parts department couldn't even tell my husband how to connect the brakes to the front wheel. But thank God he got it done on his own. I have had these bikes since the beginning of March 2012, I have had to replace 2 major pieces of body parts that came damaged in delivery, one of the body parts they sent me was the wrong piece, of course that was another 2 weeks wait, the COMPLETE muffler on one of them, gaskets on both of them, my husband had to repair his right breaks at the handles, a speedometer, 2 front tires (which were bad on delivery, and Scooter Dumpot refused to replace) that was $165.00 alone), and all this was less than 100 MILES ON THESE SCOOTERS. And I don't know how many times my husband has had to put is on the battery charger because the battery is a piece of *** too. It doesn't even have a name on it.
***TRASH! JUNK!!***

So goody to you if you got one in a million that is worth a ***! As far as I see thru research on the internet, there are more bad than good comments and complaints about this company. I wish I would have done my

Pamela Nesbit

Aug 14, 2012

I can't believe these people are still in business. They are liars, scammers and one big fraud company. When I called to speak to the owner, they wouldn't even tell me his name, all I got was, it is a Chinese company, and the owner is in China. Wellllllll, That told me all I needed to know.
How can they test drive and check all their scooters, when the shipping oil is still in them when they are delivered to your doorstep. THEY DON'T CHANGE IT!! And someone ask MELISSA AND ALONSO, how can you know if a tire is bad from the INSIDE, IF YOU DON'T PUT AIR IN IT AND RIDE IT?????????????? I have been working on my two- 150cc scooters since the early part of March when I received them, and just got a couple of parts last week that I was told had been on backorder for 3 months, LOL!!! These people are MORONS!!!!!
These people are selling DANGEROUS AND FAULTY EQUIPMENT.
BE WARNED! DON'T BUY ANY EQUIPMENT AND PUT YOUR CHILDREN ON IT!!

SCAMMERS, FRAUDS, LIARS, NEED TO BE SHUT DOWN!

Brian Bauer

Aug 07, 2012

Received 150cc scooter on 7/26. Didn't take too much to complete the assembly & fire it up. Called for the MSO & bill of sale. Still waiting. They state that they ship MSO by 3 day UPS, the only problem is how many days will it be before they give it to UPS?

Ricky

Jul 19, 2012

I bought a Sunny 150cc well I unpacked it found 2 mirror missing and my speed tech stop working with only 27 miles on it. I called them and I half to email josh@scooter depot.us I have sent my email no response as of yet I would advise anyone not to buy one you can tell they are very cheep made I can tell by looking and riding it , it will be in my shop and me fixing it most of the Time . DONT BUY ONE TAKE A FOOLS ADVISE THEY ARE A LEFT OVER *** FROM JAPAN.

JC

Jun 18, 2012

The scooters have been to two shops for assembly and start up. No support or warrenty.
tried to recover monies. did not win. their no return policy will even derail creditcard company.

Lost $3000 in dealing with them

Ronnie

Apr 28, 2012

So far Ive been dealing with the co. for a week an they have been somewhat easy to reach at the phone. Theyre customer service has been average. Theyve sold me a bike aweek ago that they didnt even have in stock. Then aweek later they tell me about it. Im pissed for real. I had to settle for a lesser quality an style bike that I really didnt want. SUCKS.

MikeWS6

Apr 02, 2012

And anyone that owns a bike GET READY TO TINKER on it every week or so. The screws and fittings will come loose about every 500 miles due to vibration. The oil that they have in the engine from the factory needs to be changed as soon as possibele. It is ok to crank it and ride for a short period of time and mileage. When I changed mine I went ahead and spent the extra $$ and got a high performance oil specialy made for bikes. I love my 250 chopper. If I could afford a $15,000 bike I would have one in my garage. Now that I have my chopper I wouldn't trade it for anything.

MikeWS6

Apr 02, 2012

I just received my chopper from scooter Depot. and I have not had 1 problem. I have seen people crying oh I couldn't register mine. They plainly state they can't be registered in CA or NJ. No I DO NOT WORK for them. When you receieve one by mail you have to put a few things together on it. And you need to be mechanically inclined!

Russ

Mar 05, 2012

Additionally, with only basic mechanical knowledge, I was able to put my Lifan 200 together in about an hour and a half. I also read the manual before I rode it and found out that there were some additional things that needed to be done. Like change the oil, because it had a thicker packing oil in it to keep the piston and gears safe. Tighten down all the exposed bolts and screws that can come loose during crate shipping. In addition to this I also flushed the carburetor with carburetor cleaner. The manual ALSO stated that the rider needed to keep a record in hours instead of miles for maintenance and that the initial oils change (after the first removal of the packing oil) should be done after the first 10 HOURS of operation. The first 10 hours was the breakin period at duringnwhich they also warned not to push the bike over a certain RPM for to long. As I said in my previous posting, I have not had ANY problems or damage with the bike other than what I or nature had caused and have been very pleased with it's performance.
Most of the complaints that I've read here seem to be about basic maintenance issues or that it died within a couple of weeks, if this is truly the case, look at your manual and see what you were suppose to to, other than unboxing it quickly, putting gas in it and hoping it's going to work right. If ANYONE took their first ride after putting it together while the packing oil was still in it and the engine failed soon after that, it's

Von Bailey

Jul 30, 2013 Woodland Hills, California

Well, I paid to have them put it together and it stopped working one week into riding. I was told that all I needed to do was change the oil. The bike has sat in my garage for repairs more time than I have had to ride it.

Russ

Mar 04, 2012

I don't want to downplay anyone's experience with any vehicle that they have purchased online. I bought a Lifan 200 off the Internet in 2007 when I got my tax return. I wanted to get a bike that wasn't to powerful, considering I was just learning to ride, and not to expensive in the event I had constant falls while learning. During to the first 2 years of riding this Chinese bike the ONLY problems I had to contend with was replacing fairings that I or the wind, with gusted up to 70 miles an hour in the hollow I lived in, had damaged. I have now had this bike for 5 years, and other than replacing a dead battery last week, I have only had to replace things I've broken or that have been damaged by nature. At this time it has over 5000 miles on it and the ONLY problem that I'm having right now is getting a new front fairing to replace the one that was damaged during a wind storm. It seems that after a couple of years the probability of getting body fairings for Chinese bikes becomes very remote.

Showing 1-20 of 54 comments

×
You were reading a complaint about Scooterdepot.us.
Filing a new complaint about
×